Monday, June 28, 2010

Jumping on the Board and Batten Band Wagon!

I have seen Board and Batten going around like crazy around the blogging world and decided to jump in with a Breakfast room redo!

Now first I must explain that my Big Papa G is not handy at all. He would rather do overtime at work to pay someone else then to spend the time to figure out how to do a handy man project. As long as it gets done who am I to argue? I approached BPG with the board and batten idea showing him pictures I had ran across the blog world figuring I was going to run up against a stone wall. I was pleasantly surprised when he was immediately on board and lending his ideas on who we could find to do it. I was on the search the next morning before he had time to think about it really hard!
Enter Kent, one of our church brothers and Mr. Handy! He came in on Monday and finished the job Tuesday and it looks so AWESOME! He removed my trim work and added some type of board over the wall paper then came in with the batten. He put my floor and shoe moulding back in its place so that the breakfast room stayed cohesive with the rest of the house. I can’t wait to get it painted! That will be a month or so because that lovely wallpaper adorning my wall is coming down people and when the painters are here to paint the walls I’ll have them paint it as well!

Here is Before:


And After:

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I have been wanting to do this in my dining room. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete