My Grandfather always made comments about my Grandmother being a pack rat. She passed away in 1998 and believe me I don’t think she was the only pack rat in that house! The crap in that house simply amazed me! Once it was all cleaned out we (My mother, aunt, brother from another mother and myself) got to work on some much needed repairs and updates to get it ready for my brother from another mother to live in. I have Before Pictures but have not taken any After’s yet, but as soon as I do I will be posting them.
Things we did:
* When I say we I mostly mean the other 3! I'm a planner not a worker :)
- Removed wallpaper in both bedrooms (Folks they had wallpapered the CEILING!!!)
- Replaced ceiling in Kitchen due to huge Crack in the middle
- Painted Hall Wall and Trim.
- Painted Bedrooms and Trim.
- Painted Trim in Kitchen (IT WAS GREEN!!!)
- Replaces just about every light fixture in the house.
- Removed the 30 year old carpet and revealed some gorgeous hard wood floors.
- Painted all ceilings in the house.
- Replace the carpet in the Den (it did not have those gorgeous hard wood)
Things that remain inside:
- Remove wall Paper in Bathroom and paint
- Paint bathroom cabinets
- Paint Kitchen cabinets (Yep they are Green just like the trim!)
- Replace Kitchen floor
- Sand and Stain steps in the den
- Paint fake wood paneling in the Den
- Remove wall paper in living room and paint.
- Replace all door hardware
Things that remain outside:
- Pressure Wash
- Paint carport
- Paint exterior doors
- Paint porch
- Yard cleanup
I did learn how to work a chop saw and a brad nailer so watch out Bob Villa.. I'm dangerous!
- New Tile
- Build Washer and Dryer Pedestal
- Board and Batten wall
- Paint and replace light
- Replace Curtains
- Recover chairs
- Replace Curtains
- Paint Furniture
- Board and Batten under stairs
- Add shelving
- Organize room
- Paint and Add Hutch over desk
- Replace window treatments
- New bedding
- Repaint Wicker furniture
- Make wooden Shutters for front porch
- Paint Garage door
- Repair Pergola
- Build swing set for kids
Dang, I have a lot to do at my house too! I’ve never actually listed everything out before! I also have several craft projects to do so you should be seeing more post from me soon!